Welcome to our class blog! This is where we will share all about what we are doing in class. The first thing we want to share is our flexible seating! We have different seats we can choose from to do our best work. This way, we can be in a place that is more comfortable and will help us concentrate. So far we have done Reader's Workshop in these seats, but we will do other things in these spots too. We are having a lot of fun sitting in them and reading. Some of our choices are scoop chairs, camp chairs, yoga mats, kneeling pads, wobble cushions, standing desks, bench, stools, carpet and other areas. We can also choose to sit at our seat if we want. The expectations are:
1. Choose a working spot that helps you do your best.
2. Use each seat the right way.
3. If a spot is not working for you, move so you can do your best!
4. Take care of our classroom supplies. Clean up after yourself and others.
5. Any teacher can move anyone at anytime for any reason!
We are really excited about flexible seating!
Mrs. Holliday's Class
1. If you could do flexible seating, what seat would you choose?
2. Do you think you would work better at a traditional desk or in a flexible seating spot?