We'd love to hear some poems you've created! In the comments, share a poem you wrote. Keep in mind some of the types of poetry we've studied:
- Looking at things with a poet's eye, in unique or unusual ways
- Acrostic (write each letter of the subject on a new line and come up with words to describe the subject)
- Haiku (Nature poem, 3 lines: 5 syllables on the first line, 7 syllables on the second line, 5 syllables on the third line.)
- Shape Poems (not easy to share on the blog, but you can bring in to school!)
- Limerick (funny poem, follows the rhyming pattern AABBA).
I can't wait to hear some poetry!